Sunday, April 28, 2013

"Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts" video response

I just watched a short video on YouTube called Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts. This video is about a teacher who is teaching at a school her students using mainly technology. This woman has a blog called the Cool Cat Teacher that won the Edublog award for best teacher blog. She also travels to share with people about what she is doing in her classroom. Her main focus over all is about teaching her students. She uses all kinds of technology in her classroom to teach her students.

Some of the things that I personally really liked that this teacher talked about is having her students learn somethings on their own. She talked about using words that her students don't know on purpose so that they can look them up on their own and learn for them selves. She also talked about teachers feeling the need to know everything before they teach but that she doesn't do that. She enjoys it when she gets to lean from her students. During the video she also had her students teach the class about things they had learned and I really liked that she was not the only one who was teaching the students. I   personally thing that children can learn a lot from each other.

This video really shows the future of what I think classrooms are going to look like. Technology is becoming more and more necessary to know how to use. We use some form of technology everyday. This shows why as a future teacher I have to take classes that teach me how to use technology in the classroom and why it is important as a teacher to stay current. I will defiantly use technology in the class room and allow my students to learn from each other as well as allow them to teach me a thing or two. If you are interested in checking out this video here is the link Harness your Students' Digital Smarts it is not very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment